One of the handiest and most-requested functions is computing age. Here's an incredibly simple formula for which the only information the User needs to add is a birthdate.
Q&A Table or GRID Answer: birthdate
The formula computes the number of days between the birthdate and today, divides the answer by 365.25 and rounds down to the next whole integer.
|birthdate||What is the birthdate?||3/17/62|
- Set the Field "birthdate" in the document where you'd like age to appear
- Select Number (in order to get to the Math tab).
- Select Math
- Select Integer from the lefthand dropdown menu
- Inside the Integer parenthesis, select Days
- Inside the Days parenthesis, before the comma, select Field:birthdate
- Inside the Days parenthesis, after the comma, select Now
- After the Days parenthesis and before the Integer close parenthesis, insert /365.25
Test it. The answer should be a whole integer showing the age. The same approach is useful for lease terms, mortgages, insurance, and other time-sensitive needs.
tags: birthday, age, minor, majority, children, example